TOP TIPS FOR SALON SMS MARKETING
30 Mar 2017
Written by Alice Smithson
Did you know that 90% of all text messages are read within three minutes of being received?
SMS marketing is ideal for sending out offers, appointment reminders, filling in appointment book gaps and promoting events in your salon or spa.
How to make the most of SMS Marketing
Here are our top tips for those of you who are already using our iText service or anyone that may be new to SMS marketing:
- Stick to the single text 160 character limit – get to the point of your message quickly and briefly. This stops you being billed for 2/3 credits per text.
- Make your texts personal – ensure you include the client’s name.
- Timings – always make sure your messages are sent during sociable hours.
- Reduce your no shows – customers who receive a reminder message are far less likely to not turn up. We recommend 48 hours before the appointment.
- Keep your brand standards high – double check the spelling before you send your messages out and sense-check grammar and punctuation to maintain professional standards.
- Check your target market – texts cost money to send so ensure you’re sending to the correct audience to reduce unnecessary spending.
- Send out a promotional offer to fill up appointment book spaces – clients love a deal, use a code to measure campaign results.
- Run a clean database – don’t waste money texting clients who have moved out of the area or who have not visited within a set period.
- Call to action – always include a method of contact e.g. a website link or phone number so that your clients can get in touch quickly.
- Don’t overdo the messages – don’t run the risk of irritating clients, keep track of your sent messages to ensure you’re not overdoing it.
We hope you find these tips useful. If you ever need any support or advice in implementing them, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team here at iSalon!
Please enter your search term in the field below