How To Get The Most Out Of Your Team With Ceo And Founder Of Phab Standard, Nergish Wadia-Austin
01 Aug 2017
Written by Alice Smithson
Recently Nergish has set up the PHAB Business Helpline, a business solution service designed for Nail, Beauty, Spa, Hair and Barbershop Managers around the world, where managers and professionals can book a private session with her via the website, www.phabstandard.com, to ask for solutions to any business or professional dilemma faced by them. In this blog, Nergish informs us how to get the most out of our team and how as a leader, you can become great…
There are leaders and then there are great leaders! It is my belief that the difference between the two is that great leaders know how to get the most from their team! Great leaders get the job done via a team that feels fulfilled when the overall task/target/vision has been achieved!
It is this ‘feeling of fulfillment’ that is admirable and not always achievable by all leaders.
So what does this ‘feeling of fulfillment’ look like in reality? In a salon environment it might look something like this:
- The leader has a goal, they know what it is, they draw it up clearly and announce it to their team at the start of the year.
- They are prepared, clear and are able to have broken it down to what that goal means in real terms, to each member of that team.
- They are able to communicate it every way required because people understand things in different ways.
- Once all of the team has understood that goal, they can assess who in their team will walk it and which team members will need assistance in achieving their goals.
- Once training needs have been identified, it is delivered and then monitored if each person on a daily basis is using it.
- Simultaneously, the great leader understands exactly what motivates each member of their team and sets them their SMART goals. At this time they give each member of their team the possibility of a reward that is very desirable to them! Explaining all along that these very important rewards can only be delivered when that task/target/vision has been achieved!
Now here’s how a leader becomes GREAT!:
A great leader continues to repeat and remind the team of the importance of the overall goal. They remind their team of their individual goals, their newly taken training, the monitoring of that training and whether it’s being used daily. The great leader takes whatever action they need to keep up their team’s learning of necessary knowledge and skills required to achieve the overall goal. They keep the team focused on what rewards they stand to gain at the end of a successful year, doing all of this in creative and positive manner!
When that overall goal is achieved, the great leader celebrates and delivers on their promises and rewards each team player with that very meaningful and bespoke reward! The great leader also thanks each team member for the important part they played in achieving the overall target so everyone feels that they had a hand in achieving the goal and that creates the ‘feeling of fulfillment’ and most importantly a feeling of being an integral part of a winning team!
Overall Goal achieved ✅
Team happy and well-trained ✅
Bills paid ✅
Profits made ✅
Low staff turnover achieved ✅
Great leader preparing next year’s goal ✅
Repeat cycle of success ✅
That’s the way a great leader gets the best out of their team!
For further help on getting the most out of your team and being a successful great, leader, Nergish Wadia-Austin can be contacted via the PHAB Business Hotline on + 44 (0)208 840 9070 GMT 09:00 – 17:00. Time on the hotline can be purchased in 15-minute units via www.phabstandard.com and the private, bespoke advice can be sought over the phone, via FaceTime or Skype. You can email any questions you may have to Nergish on email@example.com
For information on PHAB Standard visit www.phabstandard.com
Please enter your search term in the field below