Uniforms…the ins and outs
19 Jan 2018
Written by Alice Smithson
When entering a salon, whether the client is new or loyal, what do you think is the first thing they recognise? The staff, the retail area, the cleanliness? Believe it or not, a new survey suggests it is the uniform!
This subject has been a talking point within the industry for many years, and the results provide an interesting read. In such a creative industry, many argue that uniforms provide a boring stance and allowing staff to express themselves through their outfits shows their creativity to the clients!
Here we look at the advantages and disadvantages of uniforms in the hairdressing industry –
- A uniform prevents staff from ruining their own clothes
- All staff in the same style looks professional and promotes a good brand image
- Uniform which displays a logo is great self marketing
- A uniform can also set you aside from competition and make your team more recognisable
- There is a lack of good quality uniform providers
- It can be a large cost to the salon
- Many salons encourage staff individuality, uniforms don’t allow them to express themselves
Alternatively, instead of a uniform many salons provide a colour uniform, where they ask staff to sick to a certain colour (black is most common!) so they have consistency!
Please enter your search term in the field below